How to Beat Mohg, the Omen – Boss Guide
Mogh, the Omen can be a tough battle in Elden Ring if you are unaware of the best way to tackle this boss fight!
Elden Ring has a total of 165 bosses, and each of them presents a unique challenge. Even the first bosses in the game offer a substantial learning curve for gamers.
As you progress, you will encounter bosses that will require more than luck to defeat. Morg, the Omen is one of these instances.
Going unprepared for this fight can result in an instant “You Died” screen. However, taking in the right items, equipment, and strategy can drastically elevate your chances of success.
Here is everything you need to know about Mohg, the Omen in Elden Ring!
Best Strategy to Defeat Mogh, the Omen
Where to Find Mogh, the Omen in Elden Ring
You can find this boss at the Subterranean Shunning-Grounds. Getting here is quite tricky as the area is complex to navigate.
Here is how to get to Mogh’s location in Elden Ring!
Reach the Pipes Area of the Subterranean Shunning-Grounds
- Fast travel to the Avenue Balcony Site of Grace in Leyndell, Capital City.
- From here, take the stairs down and go through the doorway in front.
- Right after you exit this doorway, go to the left and keep going through a narrow hallway.
- After a few steps in this hallway, you should see a rooftop on the left side, drop to this rooftop.
- Drop from the rooftop to ground level and keep walking forward until you reach a small well.
- Jump inside the well.
- Once you reach the bottom, go forward, take a right and keep going past a room with rats until you reach a bigger room with a ladder.
- From this point on, know that there are plenty of enemies in each area mentioned below.
- Take the ladder down, and activate the Underground Roadside Site of Grace in a room to the right of this location.
- Once activated, take the ladder down on the second opening to the right in this room.
- Once you reach this new area, take the pipes to the right, and follow the wooden areas until you reach a doorway with a set of stairs inside.
- Take the stairs up and pull the lever located on the right side of the room.
- Once the gate opens, follow this newly opened path until you find a hole in the floor on the left side.
- Fall through this opening, and you should now be in the pipes area.
ReadMore: How to Effectively Parry in Elden Ring – Tips & Tricks
Reach the Underground Roadside Site of Grace Shortcut
- Once in the pipe area, take the road with a protruding pipe on the right side of the wall.
- After this protruding pipe, you should see a tunnel in the wall.
- Take this path and navigate it carefully, as there are two holes you will need to jump as you progress.
- When you reach a crossroad, take the path to the right until you reach a room with a ladder.
- Take the ladder up and use the lever to the right.
- Continue through this path and take the last door to the right in this hallway.
- Once you enter this room, slowly and carefully approach the ledge on the left and drop to the area below.
- Continue the path downstairs and take the doorway to the right.
- Keep going through this path until you reach a room with a small set of stairs and a ladder.
- DO NOT TAKE THE LADDER; instead, take the doorway next to the staircase.
- When you enter the path, take a left and then take the opening to the right.
- Keep going on this path and take the second opening to the right.
- Once you reach a big room, you should see two ladders. Take the one that is farther away.
- Continue this path, open the door, and you should now have a shortcut to the Underground Roadside Site of Grace.
Also Read: Elden Ring – All Night’s Cavalry Boss Locations & Loot
Activate the Forsaken Depths Site of Grace and Reach Mogh, the Omen
- Backtrack a bit to the room with the two ladders and take the second ladder.
- Once you reach the top of the ladder, drop to the pipe below and jump into the opening in the tube.
- Keep on going in the pipe until you reach a corner. Once there, immediately take the opening on the left.
- Take a right once you reach a crossroad, and then drop down into the first hole you encounter.
- As soon as you drop, you might get backstabbed by an enemy, defeat it and take the road down.
- Take a left, go down a ladder, and take the elevator to the right to go down.
- As soon as the elevator reaches its destination, you should see the Forsaken Depths Site of Grace.
- Activate it, and you can now fight Mogh, the Omen, in the room right in front of this Site of Grace.
Get Prepared for Mogh! Here are some valuable items to improve your build!
Tips to Defeat Mogh, the Omen
If you want to have a better chance of defeating this boss, you can get the Mogh’s Shackle item for this fight.
This item will pin Mogh to the ground and leave him open for attacks. You can use this item twice, and if you are quick, you can use these instances to land some heavy damage on Mogh.
Here we will give you instructions on how to get this item, but if you want to defeat this boss without the help of this item, you can skip to the next section of this guide.
How to Get Mogh’s Shackle in Elden Ring
Follow these steps to get Mog’s Shackle in Elden Ring:
- Fast travel to the Subterranean Shunning-Grounds Site of Grace.
- Exit the room and follow the path to the right.
- Pass the gate, take the doorway to the left and go down the stairs.
- As soon as you arrive at a big room with pipes, go to the left and drop to the pipe below.
- Once you land, take a look down and fall to the pipe below.
- Drop once again to reach ground level.
- Follow the wall to the right until you reach an opening, be careful with the lobster enemy here!
- Go inside the opening, take a turn right, and activate the Leyndell Catacombs Site of Grace.
- Now that you have a respawn point in case things go south, backtrack to the opening on the wall you used to enter this location.
- Mogh’s Shackle is just behind the lobster enemy in front of the wall opening; you can use stealth to go behind it and collect the item.
ReadMore: Elden Ring Invaders Use Grace Mimic to Troll in PvP
Mogh, the Omen Combat Strategy
Best Damage Type Against Mogh, the Omen
Fire is not effective against this boss (just 6% of effective damage), but the following types of damage have a 53% effectiveness against Mogh, the Omen in Elden Ring:
Regarding physical damage, Standard, Slash, Strike, and Pierce damage all have an 88% of effectiveness against Mogh.
If you need further information, here is everything you need to know about damage types in Elden Ring!
Boss Battle Strategy
- This boss has plenty of Blood Flame and Blood Claw abilities, so you need to make sure you dodge those as Blood Loss can accumulate fast and cause massive damage!
- Make sure to take some Stanching Boluses to alleviate the Blood Loss in case you are hit. here is how you can find the Nomadic Warrior’s Cookbook  to get this crafting recipe on Elden Ring.
- Mogh’s attacks are a little slow. He will start an attack movement, but the real hit comes in later due to its slow animations. Taking this into account, once an attack animation starts, do not immediately roll! Take just a fraction of a moment, anticipate the attack, and then roll.
- Mogh raises his hand to reach a portal; this indicates an upcoming Blood Flame rain attack. Whenever this happens, get some distance and prepare to dodge in case he throws Blood Flame at you.
- Keep an eye on Mogh’s right-hand movement, as it will indicate attacks with his trident. The trident is not what you want to dodge; it is Mogh’s hand! Once you see his hand from him is coming at you, it is time to dodge!
- Trident attacks are somewhat delayed, so wait just a fraction of a second to dodge them. Also, keep in mind these attacks cover a great range, and sometimes distance is not enough to avoid them, be prepared to dodge.
- Mogh usually follows a three-hit pattern with his tridentso be prepared to dodge multiple times in a row.
How to Get Damage In
- Sometimes when Mogh does his overhead slam, he might get stuck in a pillar. This does not happen all the time, and it is hard to predict. However, it is the perfect moment to get in one or two hits.
- Get very close to Mogh and use Mogh’s Shackle item. This will pin him to the ground, allowing you to get several hits in. You can do this twice during the boss battle.
- You can summon Spirit Ashes and help from other players for this boss fight if you need an extra hand. Here are the best Legendary Spirit Ashes in Elden Ring!
- Mogh does a thrust attack with his trident. This move leaves him open for a couple of hits.
- You can also land a few hits after the third trident attack in his combo if you are close enough.
- Since Magic is somewhat effective against this boss, using ranged spells (not fire ones) is a good idea. here are all the legendary Sorceries and Incantations in Elden Ring!
Looking Where to Go Next? elden ring Story Progress: Best Route & Recommended Levels
That is everything you need to know to defeat Mogh, the Omen in Elden Ring!